Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Filesystem not big enough to hold all diff file

From: dean gaudet
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Filesystem not big enough to hold all diff files, want to keep them, and add others.
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 12:34:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, George Gallen wrote:

My question here is Can I set a date that is not the current date for the rdiff-backup. So, if I'm starting with the Feb 2000 tape, can I tell rdiff that the date to use is 02/28/2000 and not the current system date.

you might get away with just hacking Time.py, setcurtime() setcurtime_local() functions...

or try a larger hammer if you're on linux -- http://www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/stuff/timeshift-README

I understand that once I start this process, I will not be able to add in any older tapes than the first one I started with (can I?).

you can only go forward.

Is there a way I can merge the current mirrored filesystem on top of all these older backups or will be be stuck with having two filesystem to pull backups from?

after creating the mirror of all your tape backups you could one by one restore your disk backups to a temp directory and add them to the tape mirror...

-dean