Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Error on FreeBSD: "select: Bad file descriptor"

From: Keith Edmunds
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Error on FreeBSD: "select: Bad file descriptor"
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:27:32 +0100

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:22:04 +0100
Yann Golanski <address@hidden> wrote:

> So, does anyone have a idea about this bug in rdiff?

I would start by identifying which file rdiff-backup is trying to back up
when the failure happens (or does it happen immediately?), and the if
nothing obvious appears to be wrong with that file, try manually copying it
to the other server to see if that can back it up.

If "rdiff-backup --test-server" works, I'd say it is unlikely to be the
fact that one machine is behind a firewall and the other not.

Keith

  Small business computer support: http://www.tiger-computing.co.uk
       Linux consultancy: http://www.TheLinuxConsultancy.co.uk