Re: [rdiff-backup-users] IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '

From: Marc Haber
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '<snip>/MAKEDEV.2004-09-16T10:15:09+02:00.missing'
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:55:53 +0200

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 04:06:03PM +1000, David Kempe wrote:
> Marc Haber wrote:
> >I am using rdiff-backup 0.13.4 on Debian unstable. What might be going
> >wrong here?
> >

> im not sure exactly, but in the past, moving my rdiff-backup-data dir
> and using --force the next time seemed to fix it. Some corruption in the
> the metadata or increments I think...

Throwing away all increments at the slightest problem (which seem to
occur rather frequently) somehow defeats rdiff-backup's purpose,
right? If I can't rely on my increments being present, I can use rsync
directly, which is _much_ faster.

Greetings
Marc

Karlsruhe, Germany |  lose things."    Winona Ryder | Fon: *49 721 966 32 15
Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 721 966 31 29