Re: [rdiff-backup-users] My rdiff article on FedoraNEWS.ORG

From: David Hiltz
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] My rdiff article on FedoraNEWS.ORG
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 10:33:21 -0400 (EDT)

  I use rdiff-backup and a Perl script to backup my entire network to a 2
  terabyte ATA disk array (9 250gig drives).  My Perl script connects to
  each server on my network, runs a remote df command to figure out what
  filesystem are there, weeds out the ones it doesn't care about (eg. /tmp)
  then backups each remote filesystem to the disk array.  Before it starts
  the backup, if the space on the array is getting low, it removes the
  oldest backups to make more room.  Pretty much takes care of itself.

  I wish rdiff-backup had an option to remove incremental backups in the
  middle of a backup series, not just the oldest.  I think this is
  a wishlist item.