Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup verification

From: Tom Laermans
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup verification
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:43:33 +0200

Keith Edmunds wrote:

When using rdiff-backup, is there a way to verify that the backup which is then stored on the backup server is really 100% correct?

Does rdiff-backup handle this on its own?

Kind of. It will flag that the backed up file differs from the original
(if, for example, you back up a changing log file). Is that what you mean?

Backups are important, so I need to know if there was a way to check that the backup is 100% identical to the original, I guess rdiff-backup does that, as it can check for changed files.

What does rdiff-backup do with changed files? Just leaves the "old" file backed up and print out a warning?

Thanks.

--
Tom Laermans
System Administrator