Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Undo last backup

From: David Hiltz
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Undo last backup
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 09:42:18 -0400 (EDT)

> >   Is there a way to undo the last rdiff-backup (as if it didn't happen)?
> > know that when a backup fails, the last backup is removed so I was
> > thinking
> > there may be a way to trigger this.
>
> you could try remove the current_mirror marker file in the
> rdiff-backup-data directory.
> move it out the way as a test then try the backup again.
> it should regress the filesystem I think

  That didn't work.

  When I move the 'current_mirror' file out of the directory then try the
  'rdiff-backup -l ..' command it gives me this:

Fatal Error: Bad rdiff-backup-data dir on destination side

The rdiff-backup data directory
/mirror2/home2/rdiff-backup-data
exists, but we cannot find a valid current_mirror marker.  You can
avoid this message by removing the rdiff_backup_data directory;
however any data in it will be lost.

Probably this error was caused because the first rdiff-backup session
into a new directory failed.  If this is the case it is safe to delete
the rdiff_backup_data directory because there is no important
information in it.

  Normally, a 'rdiff-backup -l ..' on a backup that fails will try
  to repair the backup by removing last one.