[rdiff-backup-users] Hard link patch

From: David Vasilevsky
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Hard link patch
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 20:28:33 -0400

Hi folks,

I put together a patch to fix a couple of the issues I was having with
hard links.

1) The filesystem-abilities were overriding --no-hard-links. It seems
that it should be the other way around.

2) Resource-forks and Finder info were being written to (secondary)
hard links on Mac OS X. This is wrong, since such a hard link is
guaranteed to already have the Resource-fork/Finder info already, and
since the first link may have already had its permissions set to read
only. The latter case causes rdiff to bail out. With the patch,
copy_attribs() excepts hard links from having resource-fork and Finder
info written to them. I'm curious as to why copy_attribs() is called
at all on secondary hard links--shouldn't they necessarily have all
the properties of the first link?

The patch is at: http://vasi.webhop.org/files/rdiff-backup-hardlinks.patch

Thanks for all your work. I hope this patch can be put into CVS soon.
Dave Vasilevsky