Re: [rdiff-backup-users] changed file format?

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] changed file format?
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 15:45:56 -0400

> I think you have struck in the problem with windows restoring and
> comparing Ben. is there a way we can make the time stamp more windows
> friendly at the same time? there is a wiki question about it as well

Yes, the windows timestamp isn't very friendly, but the goal was to
make it as unix friendly as possible.  But probably any commandline
text program would be a non-starter on Windows; I think you're doing
the only sensible thing and trying to add a slick GUI to it.

About the time stamp question, could I get you to do what I posted in
a recent message:

laptop:~ $ python
Python 2.3.3 (#1, May  7 2004, 10:31:40)
[GCC 3.3.3 20040412 (Red Hat Linux 3.3.3-7)] on linux2
>>> import time
>>> time.daylight
1
>>> time.localtime()
(2004, 6, 6, 12, 12, 32, 6, 158, 1)
>>> time.altzone
25200
>>> time.timezone
28800

Perhaps there is a problem with the timezone information with Python
under windows?