Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Large files

From: Robert Weber
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Large files
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 19:53:58 -0600

Do you get any compile time errors?  What is your os/hardware?  I got it
working on linux, freebsd and solaris with the same fix as below.  I found
the error from compiler warnings about refined types(rs_something).  You
should also check the configure to make sure largefiles were enabled
correctly.  You can also see that in the config.h near the end.  Also check
that your libz has largefiles support.

--
Robert Weber

--------

> Nope this still didn't work. Recompiled rsync and rdiff-backup on both
> machines and still got the same error.
>
> On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 01:53, address@hidden wrote:
> > I saw this as well.  The fix is simple.  In buf.c in the librsync source
> > move the
> >
> > #include <config.h>
> >
> > before
> >
> > #include <sys/types.h>
> >
> > If the order is reversed things get all messed up in the types definitions
> > and you get some 32bit ints where they do not belong.
> >

> > --
> >
> > 2 3 5 7 B D 11 13 17 1D 1F 25 29 2B 2F 35 3B        Robert Weber
> > 3D 43 47 49 4F 53 59 61 65 67 6B 6D 71 7F 83        UnixOps/ITS UCB
> > 89 8B 95 97 9D A3 A7 AD B3 B5 BF C1 C5 C7 D3
> > DF E3 E5 E9 EF F1 FB ... still searching ...
> >
> > --------
> >
> > > Hello, I'm having trouble backing up files > 2gb. I can back up the
> > > large file for the first time, but any subsequent attempts result in an
> > > error. This is the error I get:
> > >
> > > python: ERROR: (rs_file_copy_cb) seek failed: Invalid argument
> > > python: ERROR: (rs_job_complete) patch job failed: IO error
> > > UpdateError bigfile librsync error 100 while in patch cycle
> > >
> > > At first I thought it might be a gzip issue, so I tried the following:
> > >
> > > rdiff-backup --no-compression address@hidden::test test
> > >
> > > But it failed with exactly the same error.
> > > Both systems use reiserfs as the file system, rdiff-backup version
> > > 0.13.4 and python version 2.3.3. I have no idea what could be causing
> > > this.

Wiki