Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Restoring a folder. Uid not correct

From: Fran Firman
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Restoring a folder. Uid not correct
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 15:41:18 +1200

TO test this out..

On the dest machine, do

find * -printf "%p = %U:%G\n" >owners.txt
sort owners.txt >owner.txt

On source machine use this perl program

#!/usr/bin/perl

open(ChangeUid,">UpdateUID.sh");
open(CheckUid,">CheckUID.txt");
open(CheckP,">CheckPermissions.txt");

open(IN,"zcat $ARGV[0] | ");

while(<IN>) {
        chomp();
        if($_=~/File/) {
                @line=split(/File /,$_);
                $File = $line[1];
        } elsif ($_=~/Uid/) {
                @line=split(/Uid /,$_);
                $Uid = $line[1];
        } elsif ($_=~/Gid/) {
                @line=split(/Gid /,$_);
                $Gid = $line[1];
        } elsif ($_=~/Permissions/) {
                @line=split(/Permissions /,$_);

                print ChangeUid "chown $Uid:$Gid \"$File\"\n";
                print CheckUid "$File = $Uid:$Gid\n";
                printf CheckP "$File = %o\n",$line[1];
        }
}

close(IN);
close(ChangeUid);
close(CheckUid);
close(CheckP);

And run with ./test.pl /path/to/the/rdiff-backup-data/mirror-metadata.......gz
file

It will output 3 files.

sort CheckUID.txt >UID.txt

diff UID.txt owner.txt

Can use the UpdateUID.sh to set the uid's on the dest machine correctly.

F.