Re: [rdiff-backup-users] windows profiles and refreshed files

From: Patrick J. Walsh
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] windows profiles and refreshed files
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 18:43:20 -0400

> A slightly different approach would be as outlined at
> http://www.css.tayloru.edu/~nehresma/samba.html

    I've seen that and we use some of those techniques.  Particularly for
the My Documents directory.  Log in and log out is pretty quick.  But even
with that setup, profiles still need to be "roaming" and there are still
files copied back and forth with each login/logout, which leads me back to
my original question: what's the best say to use rdiff-backup with files
that may not change often, but have their last modification times changed
regularly, and possibly their inodes too.

Thanks for the pointer though.

..Patrick