Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup crash

From: David Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup crash
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 10:51:07 +1000

Dave Hawkes wrote:

Hi,

I've been running rdiff-backup (ver. 13.4) reliably for quite some time
but now consistently get the following crash when trying to backup up a
particular machine (see below). Has anyone any ideas?

I have found a problem with some file names using .13.3. These are backed up from a mounted ntfs filesystem using smbfs in kernel 2.4.25.
i might be able to fix it by specifiying a different code page format.

as for you,
can you first start with a fresh rdiff-backup-data dir, then try and replicate the problem - does it still happen then if you backup that particular dir? try exclude that dir from the source and see if its a similar problem to what I had, maybe we can narrow it down.

dave