Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Using rdiff-backup with ssh that runs on a nons

From: Rohit Kumar Mehta
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Using rdiff-backup with ssh that runs on a nonstandard port
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:04:33 -0400

That was a useful suggestion.  I did what you said, and now
"ssh mytargetmachine" does in fact use the new port.
However rdiff-backup still fails with all kinds of error messages :(
It works fine on standard (22) port.

Rohit

dean gaudet wrote:

use .ssh/config ... with something like:

host foobar-nonstandard
        hostname foobar
        port 2021

then rdiff-backup to/from foobar-nonstandard::

-dean