Re: [rdiff-backup-users] 64-bit Python

From: Bob Fischer
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] 64-bit Python
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 21:55:31 -0500

The problem didn't go away.  I simply could not get backups to work
between a 32-bit and 64-bit machine (one is i386 SuSE 9.0, the other is
x86_64 SuSE 9.0), whether I initiate the backup from either one.  It
would crash predictably with the error I gave before.

My 64-bit machine has a 32-bit mode, in which I run true i386 binaries.
I found that when I run rdiff-backup from the 32-bit mode (using the
32-bit python), it all works reliably.  Very reliably.

Conclusion: rdiff-backup 0.13.3 doesn't work between 32-bit and 64-bit
SuSE 9.0 installations.  My best guess is it's a difference between the
python installations.

-- Bob