Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: rdiff-backup-users Digest, Vol 16, Issue 9

From: Dave Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: rdiff-backup-users Digest, Vol 16, Issue 9
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 18:11:32 +1100

Stephen Boulet wrote:

I'm trying to run rdiff-backup with a USB 2.0 external hard drive as the backup media, and have experienced hard lockups after starting the process -- no mouse or keyboard input accepted and I can't ssh into the machine.

I'm using CONFIG_USB_EHCI_HCD and CONFIG_USB_UHCI built into kernel 2.4.25 with rdiff-backup-0.13.4.

I had a similiar experience with older kernels.
maybe 2.6 is better, but I just switched to firewire.
it wasn't much more expensive

dave