Re: [rdiff-backup-users] wanted: Open Source disk to disk backup for Win

From: Matt Wilkie
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] wanted: Open Source disk to disk backup for Windows
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:14:41 -0800

John Goerzen wrote:

Well since you did ask here... doesn't rdiff-backup work for windows?

The FAQ[0] indicates that it is possible to run rdiff-backup under windows but says only "to a point", indicating a problem with timestamps, which I would think are rather important.

[0] http://rdiff-backup.stanford.edu/FAQ.html#windows

I do like the description and feature list of rdiff-backup. There is enough overlap with Infinifsan D2D that I wonder if there are parts of rdiff under the hood.

regards,

--
matt wilkie
Geographic Information,