Re: [rdiff-backup-users] 64-bit Python

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] 64-bit Python
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 15:22:48 -0800

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 02:44:15PM -0800, Ben Escoto wrote:
> Sorry, I'm at a bit of a loss how the line:
>
> self.conn.os.utime(self.path, (long(time.time()), modtime))
>
> can cause that error, since nothing is getting converted to an int.

Sure something is; os.utime is calling utime(2), which wants time_t's,
which are really ints.  So os.utime is extracting ints somewhere.

Of course, this shouldn't be a problem unless time.time() is reporting
a date in 2038 or later, so I don't quite get what's going wrong...

-- Nathaniel

--
Damn the Solar System.  Bad light; planets too distant; pestered with
comets; feeble contrivance; could make a better one myself.