Re: [rdiff-backup-users] win32 success! and one little problem :)

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] win32 success! and one little problem :)
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:01:37 -0800

> as you can see /bin/sh.exe needs to be in the root of c: for it to
> work. it creates it and deletes it afterwards, which is fine but not
> really great if you already have a nice c:\bin\sh.exe you like.  so,
> does anyone know how to pass to rdiff-backup a different location
> for /bin/sh ?

The window/cygwin specific stuff is lost on me, but I find this part
surprising.  As far as I know, rdiff-backup doesn't use /bin/sh at
all.  Occasionally it has to spawn a process like 'mknod', but it
doesn't use system() for that, so I don't see why /bin/sh would be
required.  Maybe it's a python thing.