[rdiff-backup-users] Front-end for Windows

From: Dick Kniep
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Front-end for Windows
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 00:29:51 +0100

Hi list,

Possibly this has been asked before, but nevertheless here goes. We have a
nicely working implementation of rdiff-backup that saves the content of a
server with most of the user data to a remote location. Sometimes, someone
wants to restore a single file. As most of the users are working on Windows
and are no computer guru's they cannot (don't want) use the terminal screens
of Linux to restore the content of a file. So the system administrator has to
come to do some trivial work to restore this file. I would very much like to
have something similar to a the Windows Explorer where the different versions
of the saved files are shown, and by point and click be restored. Googling
did not give me any clues about an existing product, but perhaps someone has
made something like this, and is willing to share?

Thanks in advance, and also thanks a lot for a beautiful product!

Cheers.

D.Kniep