Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Trying to backup and restore root-partition...

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Trying to backup and restore root-partition...
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 19:43:01 -0800

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 14:35:46 +0100 Oliver Kaltenecker <address@hidden> wrote:
> As you said I did the following:
>
> # rdiff-backup --force --print-statistics --exclude-device-files
> --restore-as-of now -v6 /mirror/client/wurzel client::/ >
> /tmp/restore.log 2>&1
>
> and got the following in /tmp/restore.log:
> Removing directory /boot
> Sending back exception [Errno 16] Device or resource busy: '/boot'
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/rdiff_backup/rpath.py", line
> 658, in rmdir
>      self.conn.os.rmdir(self.path)

> It seems that /boot is the problem, but boot is not in
> /mirror/client/wurzel as it is on a separate partition like srv. I
> didn't mention that in my first posting to keep it simple and since all
> other partitions mounted under / restored successfully I thought it
> would be the same which one I take as example. The filesystem of the
> client looks like that:
>
> /dev/hda3 on / type ext2 (rw)
> /dev/hda2 on /boot type ext2 (rw)
> /dev/system/local on /local type reiserfs (rw)
> /dev/system/opt on /opt type reiserfs (rw)
> /dev/system/srv on /srv type reiserfs (rw)
> /dev/system/tmp on /tmp type reiserfs (rw)
> /dev/system/usr on /usr type reiserfs (rw)
> /dev/system/var on /var type reiserfs (rw)
> /dev/system/work on /work type reiserfs (rw)
>
> All partitions except / are backup/restored as /srv and cause no trouble.

Is there anything in /mirror/client/wurzel/boot?  If so, does

    rdiff-backup -r now -v6 /mirror/client/wurzel/boot client::/boot

work?  To get the rest, maybe you could try:

    ssh address@hidden umount /boot
    rdiff-backup -r now -v6 /mirror/client/wurzel/boot client::/

(I agree this is unnecessary, but I'm trying to figure out what the
problem is.)