[rdiff-backup-users] Re: case sensitivity on restores

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: case sensitivity on restores
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 15:47:07 -0800

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:17:11 -0500 Daniel Drucker <address@hidden> wrote:
> The case-sensitivity problem is solely a problem with the restore side
> of things, correct? I.e., once it's properly quoting the request for
> current_mirror, things will Just Work? What I'm asking, I guess, is "is
> it OK for me to be using it to do backups ... can I work under the
> assumption that in the near future these backups will actually be
> readable?" ...

I'm not sure I would stake my life on it, especially for a development
version.  Although if rdiff-backup is producing the mirror correctly
then you can always use cp/scp/rsync or whatever to restore your
backups.

But I think I've fixed the problems that you are having.  It turns out
the problem was in the backup part---the files in the destination
directory were not getting quoted correctly.  So please try the
development version from CVS and tell me if you have any more
problems.