[rdiff-backup-users] Re: Re: what can I do if all goes wrong?

From: Troels Arvin
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: Re: what can I do if all goes wrong?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:24:56 +0100

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:15:37 +0100, Farkas Levente wrote:

>> Previous backup seems to have failed, regressing destination now. Fatal
>> Error: No metadata for time Sun Oct 26 02:21:43 2003 found, cannot
>> regress
>
> exactly this was our problem too!

Interesting; did you also switch to winter-time this weekend? - In that
case: Did you also back up while the switch happened?

The switch meant that the local time 02:21:43 occurred twice, as I
understand it. Even though the unix time shouldn't have changed, could it
somehow affect how librsync or python works?

--
Greetings from Troels Arvin, Copenhagen, Denmark