Re: [rdiff-backup-users] omitting missing files

From: Andy King
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] omitting missing files
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:44:01 -0400

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 12:11:12PM -0700, Ben Escoto wrote:
> Hmm, how did this error start?  Did you delete that file manually from
> the destination directory, or did it happen when you deleted the file
> from the source directory (assuming it ever existed)?

I believe it probably happened when a user accidentally rm'd the files from
the backup dir without realizing it.  I realize it would probably be a
better idea to -w the backup files...

> Also, does
> rdiff-backup finish successfully despite that error?

Yes, rdiff-backup finishes.  The only files that do not get backed up are
the five or so that are are missing (all produce the same error and are in
the same directory.  I guess the user just rm'd what they thought were
useless files and thought they were not in the backup directory...)

>  (You could always edit that directly though.)

Where would the metadata be? in just rdiff-backup-data, or somewhere else?

--
Andy King            address@hidden
"A Turin Turambar turun' ambartanen"