[rdiff-backup-users] Re: [Duplicity-talk] Strange Error Message?

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: [Duplicity-talk] Strange Error Message?
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 18:41:24 -0700

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:50:35 +0200 "Doc SoLo" <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have tested duplicity for quite a while now and I almost always
> get this error message during restore:
>   File
> "/home/maxx/packages/duplicity/duplicity-0.4.1/debian/duplicity/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/duplicity/path.py",
>  line 171, in init_from_tarinfo
> duplicity.path.PathException: Unknown tarinfo type
> I am using Debian Woody and the duplicity-0.4.1-debian-package. Has
> somebody a guess what could be the reason for the misbehavior?

Hmm, could this be another long filename/long hard link name problem?
I believe some of those problems caused the same error.  Perhaps you
can tell approximately what file it is choking on by using higher
verbosity (at least 5).

Also if you can tell which volume (it appears to be a diff volume)
running 'tar -tf <volume>' and seeing if there are any errors could
help determine if the error was writing the diff, or using it to patch
during restore.