[rdiff-backup-users] Can I backup to local AND remote in one operation?

From: Dave Kelly
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Can I backup to local AND remote in one operation?
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 21:48:47 -0500

Hello, sorry if this is a FAQ, but I would like to be able to use
rdiff-backup to back up to a local machine, and a remote machine in one
operation.  The idea is that I have a customer who is paranoid about a
particular group of data, so we would run rdiff-backup on one of their local
Linux boxes to back it up, but we also would like it off-site, so if, God
forbid, the building burns down, the data is easily accessible offsite.  In
the event of a problem, they would try to restore from the local first, but
if that failed or weren't an option, they would still be able to use the
remote.

I could run two rdiff-backup processes, one local and one remote, but this
seems like a waste if I can make rdiff-backup simply put a copy on the local
machine, and connect to a remote rdiff-backup server to create an offsite
copy.

Thoughts?

-D