Re: [rdiff-backup-users] MacOS X problems

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] MacOS X problems
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 01:19:17 -0700

  SB> It seems to be working better with 0.11.4. But, I'm getting the
  SB> following error:
  SB> OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Could you run it on a higher verbosity setting (-v7 maybe) and send me
the relevant information?  In particular I would like to know what
file it is crashing on and (if possible) what particular configuration
causes it to crash.  Also tell me what options you are using.

  SB> I'm also unable to run again after this happens. I get the
  SB> following message, which may have to do with the file names in
  SB> rdiff-backup-data being quoted.

Actually that's what's supposed to happen when an initial backup
fails.  As it says, just remove the rdiff-backup-data directory.
There shouldn't be any important information in it since there are no
increments produced until the second backup.  It doesn't do in
automatically in case there is some important information and you want
to try recovering it manually.