Re: [rdiff-backup-users] librsync [Patially Solved ??]

From: Nicola Fankhauser
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] librsync [Patially Solved ??]
Date: 02 Mar 2003 10:41:05 +0100

On Sun, 2003-03-02 at 00:20, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> ==== Cygwin
> I still am unable to get anything to compile in cygwin.  I will keep trying
> Monday.

I managed to compile 0.9.5 (found on
http://rproxy.samba.org/download.html) on cygwin with the latest
distribution (downloaded three days ago). I had to add the inittypes.h
to /usr/local/includes (IIRC) to get it working, like described in the
rdiff-backup FAQ. Finally, I also had to copy the shared lib to /lib so
that the rdiff-backup would work.

It seems to me that the cygwin distribution behaves very strange
sometimes - I tried to install it yesterday on my machines, but get
different shop-stopper bugs like gcc not working ('could not find
cc1.exe'), make not working (don't remember the exact error message).

If you want, I can send you the shared library (librsync.a) so you can
do preliminary tests without the hassles of cygwin instabilities.

regards
nicola