[rdiff-backup-users] librsync [Patially Solved ??]

From: Greg Freemyer
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] librsync [Patially Solved ??]
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 18:20:05 -0500

Understanding the development state of librsync is quite confusing.

Is there a librsync mailing list?  Or is this the best place to ask questions

==== What I found:
Per http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=256348 the librsync
sourceforge project was just setup Thursday!!!

It (https://sourceforge.net/projects/librsync/) seems like it has all the right
players as developers, but it only has 0.9.5.  No mention of 0.9.5.1

I found three inconsistently updated versions of librsync-0.9.5 floating around
the web:
   There is the version on the rdiff-backup site.  (This may be a June 27, 02
cvs snapshot??)
   There is the current samba CVS version at
http://cvs.samba.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/
   There is a version at http://librsync.sourceforge.net/librsync-cvs.tar.gz
(I think this is just the cvs site tarred and gzipped)

buf.c is different between all 3.
delta.c is also different between all 3.

==== SuSE 8.0:
I could not get the 0.9.5.1 source to compile on my SuSE box.

I have gotten the sourceforge cvs version to compile on my SuSE box via the
below:

cvs co librsync   (see the librsync site for specifics)
cd librsync
./autogen.sh
./configure
make all
make check
make install

==== Cygwin
I still am unable to get anything to compile in cygwin.  I will keep trying
Monday.

TIA
Greg
--