[rdiff-backup-users] Transfer of unix domain sockets on *BSD

From: Troels Arvin
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Transfer of unix domain sockets on *BSD
Date: 16 Jan 2003 11:00:33 +0100

Hello rdiff-backup users,

It's me again - talking about copying of domain sockets again.

It seems that copying of domain sockets is not directly possible on
*BSD, unrelated to special mount options or security levels.

I found this posting on the rsync mailing list:
http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/rsync/2000-December/003349.html

It seems that the rsync folks have found a way to implement transfer of
domain socket files which works, also on *BSD.

Is there a way to implement the same functionality in rdiff-backup, or
must Python be changed before it's possible?

--
Greetings from Troels Arvin, Copenhagen, Denmark