Re: [rdiff-backup-users] AF_UNIX path too long

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] AF_UNIX path too long
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 00:53:18 -0800

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 11:02:11AM +0100, Troels Arvin wrote:
> I'm using rdiff-backup 0.10.1 to backup a couple of Linux (Red Hat 8.0)
> servers to a FreeBSD (4.5-STABLE) backup-host.
> There is plenty of disk capacity on the backup host. The Internet
> connection between the backup-host and the servers should be good and
> stable.
>
> I've started getting error messages like this:
> socket.error: AF_UNIX path too long

Oops, somehow that that patch that I posted to the list before didn't
end up in the 0.10.x series (although something like it seems to be in
0.11.x).  I will re-add it shortly and probably release a new stable
version, maybe this weekend.

I don't know why you seem to be getting a different error now
("Invalid argument") than when you started ("AF_UNIX path too long"),
unless that patch actually broke all socket handling, but in a
recoverable way.  (Fortunately sockets are almost always recreated by
the application so you are still better off with the patch.)