Re: [rdiff-backup-users] issues moving the backing store

From: Dave Steinberg
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] issues moving the backing store
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 12:58:19 -0500

> DS> The problem I am observing is that when I try and rdiff-backup
> DS> against this new backing store, I get memory faults, core dumps,
> DS> and the like.  I have several lovely python cores laying around
> DS> that I can provide if they are of interest to anyone.  A few
> DS> lines of the error are included at the end.  I can provide more
> DS> if it would be illustritive.
>
> In theory, normal python code should never cause python itself to
> crash.  So there is probably a "Python on OpenBSD" or (more likely?) a
> "my C code on OpenBSD" issue.

I agree with you completely.  I'll have to poke the OpenBSD lists and see if
they have anything to say about python on sparc64.  I suspect there are bugs
lurking.

What do you mean by a "my C code on OpenBSD" issue?  I was under the
impression that the only players were rdiff-backup, Python, and OpenSSH.

>   You may want to go to the rdiff-backup-data directory and delete
> or rename the resume information (last-file*data, checkpoint-data*)
> as well as the log (*log) files.  Aside from these files, I don't

Tried it - but I'm getting the same core dumps.  Perhaps I'll try sifting
through some ktrace output and see if I can't get a sense of where things
are going wrong.

If I end up with any closure, I'll try and post here about it.

Thanks!

--
Dave Steinberg