Re: [rdiff-backup-users] More newby Qs: list of changed files, server-si

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] More newby Qs: list of changed files, server-side diffs
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 00:56:44 -0800

  BB> To give you details, I started with manage.py and couldn't
  BB> figure out where Manage.find_incrps_with_base was defined.  [Is
  BB> it a left over of an earlier version?].

Yes, thank you, I've now removed that get_incobjs function.

  BB>   Then I did a better job reading Main.py and moved on to
  BB> Restore.get_inclist.  I couldn't figure out what rp stands for:
  BB> p is path?, r=?.  I looked at rpath.py but didn't understand
  BB> from the module description what rpath actually was.

rp was for RPath (which is short for remote path).  I've added some
documentation and examples to the top of rpath.py.

  BB>   I should have gone on reading the code--but thought it was
  BB> much quicker to wip up some external script calling shell's find
  BB> and base on your excellent doc of the data format.  I'm lazy and
  BB> wanted to stay closer to known turf.  So, it seemed quicker to
  BB> write an external tool..

Well ideally the code would be easy enough to read that someone who
knows python wouldn't find it quicker to write an external tool, no
matter how lazy they are.  So let me know what's (especially?)
confusing if you spend more time looking at the code.