Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Overflow Error??

From: Jorge Luis Williams
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Overflow Error??
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 18:43:43 -0700

On Sunday, October 13, 2002, at 01:02 AM, Ben Escoto wrote:
    One thing you could do is look at the standard error from the
remote process.  By default ssh will redirect stdout and stderr, so
you can see the traceback and why the remote process exited.

Well, I finally had a chance to take a look at this a bit more closely. Turns out I'm not getting anything on the server side as far as traceback or any kind of output at all. Python is crashing soon after the connection is made with a segmentation fault.

Any idea why this would happen consistently only when maintaining a backup(?) -- the initial backup always works fine.

Maybe I have some bad hardware -- or it could be that Python just isn't supported well under OpenBSD -- but if anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate them :-)

Thanx,

jOrGe W.