Re: [RP] geometry question

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] geometry question
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 12:40:25 -0500

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 9:35 AM, ed neville <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a particular requirement to have a terminal window kept at 80x24,
> this is due to the screen session that's running in it messes up and
> redraws awfully when it's resized.
>
> Is there a way to make ratpoison create a window at exactly 80x24 and
> keep it at that dimension, so even things like making other windows the
> only visible frame won't resize it?

If you could somehow give the terminal window a maxsize hint, then
ratpoison would never make it any bigger. It might still make it
smaller if you split the screen small enough. It'd depend on the
terminal program you're using. You could patch, say, rxvt to always be
80x24. Dunno how easy that'd be though! Might be easier to patch
ratpoison.

-Shawn