Re: [RP] Precise mimic of 'screen -t'

From: Ingo Krabbe
Subject: Re: [RP] Precise mimic of 'screen -t'
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 12:04:06 +0100

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 05:51:32AM +1100, Martin Steer wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 11:35:25AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> >  Is there any way to emulate screen's
> >
> >bind f newframe -t 'firefox' firefox
> >
> >Scripts that say
> >
> >#!/bin/ksh
> >firefox
> >ratpoison -c "title firefox"
> >
> >are buggy because if I change frames too quickly, the wrong thing gets
> >titled 'firefox'.
>
> xtoolwait firefox && ratpoison -c 'title firefox'
>
> Perhaps there's a better way?

I think there is a communication problem within ratpoison, using the two
lists rp_children, containing the executed children together with the
frame information and rp_mapped_window, containing the created windows.

Receiving a CreateWindow request should map back to rp_children to
lookup the frame, wanted for execution, as far as I can see that now.
So I assume the problem is in events.c:new_window.

bye ingo