[RP] new commands putsel and getsel

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: [RP] new commands putsel and getsel
Date: 12 Dec 2004 20:22:13 -0800

Hi Folks,

I've finally fixed the line-editor so it sends killed words and lines
to the X11 selection. I also rewrote the selection pasting. It now
works on my X setup..and hopefully still works on yours (if it ever
did).

As a side-effect, there are two new and exciting ratpoison commands:
putsel and getsel. These set and get the X11 selection. So you can
pump text into X via the command line:

$ ratpoison -c "putsel hello from TTY!"

I've added an entry to the Emacs wiki page:
http://ratpoison.elektrubadur.se/Emacs

that describes how to setup TTY emacs to cut and paste with the X11
selection.

-Shawn