Re: [RP] problem building ratpoison

From: Jay Cotton
Subject: Re: [RP] problem building ratpoison
Date: Wed Sep 22 18:17:39 2004

On Sep 22, 2004, at 8:52 PM, Trent Buck wrote:

Quoth Jay Cotton on or about 2004-09-22:

I'm having trouble building ratpoison 1.3 on both Redhat Fedora and
Debian linux. When I run ./configure, it can't seem to find the X11
headers and libs. So I tried changing my command to the following:

So I add --disable-history to my command, which gets the next error:

*** Can't find libX11

Anybody know how to deal with this? Thanks in advance,

Have you installed the *development* libraries?  I suspect you have
e.g. libx11 installed but not libx11-dev.

I can mail you debian packages of CVS ratpoison if you like.

-trent

I think you're right. After I read your email, I attempted to install libx11-dev with:

$ apt-get install libx11-dev

but the package couldn't be found. Do you know the name of the package that I should use in this command in order to add the development libraries?

Also, I'd be happy to use the debian package if you email it to me. Thanks for your help,

jay