[RP] multiline :echo

From: twb
Subject: [RP] multiline :echo
Date: Thu Feb 12 02:18:12 2004

Am I dense, or is it impossible to print multi-line strings (akin to
:windows) to the ratpoison minibuffer from the command line (I am
using :echo)?

Along the lines of
        $rp -c echo\ $(echo -e foo\nbar)

I think it is choking because you can't get \n characters in **argv
(bash is stripping it?)?

If this is the case, perhaps we should add ability to do ~ this:
        $echo -e echo\ foo\nbar | rp -c stdin

I guess you could do
        $FH=$$; echo -e echo\ foo\nbar > /tmp/$$; rp -c source\ $FH
but that's rather ugly and needs disk access.  Likewise FIFOs would be ugly.

Any thoughts?

-trent

--
<Zonkto>I'll bet you could ski through a revolving door if you timed it
<Zonkto>really well.