Re: [RP] patch to allow ratpoison to build on amd64 (opteron/athlon64)

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] patch to allow ratpoison to build on amd64 (opteron/athlon64)
Date: Fri Oct 24 01:15:09 2003

twb <address@hidden> writes:

> Quoth Caleb Shay <address@hidden> on or about Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:54:28 -0400:
> > twb wrote:
> > > You have my humble apologies.  I guess I should learn that RP users
> > > are of a higher calibre than redhat newbies. :-)
> >
> > I can't decide if that is sarcasm or just funny.  Either way, no offense
> > taken.
>
> Last post on this...  I was being serious.  Many a conversation I've had like
> this:
>
> Me: Oh, you use Linux, too?  Emacs or vi?
> Them: Uh, redhat, I think...

I remember when running Gnu/Linux necessarily meant running
Emacs...but that was back when it was just a kernel module...

But seriously, I just ask people if they use Emacs. That's a pretty
good way of cropping out the stoopid people.

In a couple years, I'll probably have to start asking people what they
if they set enable-recursive-minibuffers to t or what their favorite
gnus s-expression is...

Shawn