Re: [RP] Give input from ratpoison input window to script

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] Give input from ratpoison input window to script
Date: Mon Dec 30 21:35:03 2002

Christopher Sharp <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
> what I would like to do is to get a box similar to
> the one you get with 'C-t :' and then give the things
> written in this box as argument to a script, in my
> case I want to type in an url and then use a script
> to send this url to phoenix. Is this somehow possible ?
> I wasn't able to find anything that would allow me
> to do this. Any Ideas ?

If phoenix takes as an argument an URL, you could add this to your
.ratpoisonrc:

bind P colon exec phoenix

when you hit C-t P you'll get an input box with 'exec phoenix' already
typed, then you just type in the url and press enter. That's a nice
quick hack, anyway. If you put a space at the end of the line, I
*think* that space will be part of the keybinding and will save you
typing a space everytime.

Shawn