Re: [RP] Help window out of the screen>

From: Shawn
Subject: Re: [RP] Help window out of the screen>
Date: Sun Dec 1 17:00:22 2002

Jan Marek <address@hidden> writes:

> Hallo,
>
> I'm sorry, I'm not currently in the list, then send me, please,
> cc, if you will send any reaction on my mail... Thx.
>
> I have problem with ratpoison: When I try C-t ?, I've got
> a window with a key bindigs, but size of this window oversize my
> screen, then I cannot read all text... My disply resolution is
> 1024x768.

Hi Jan,

What version are you using? We were having this problem but as far as
I know I fixed this...

> And second: I cannot understand of someone key naming (I don't
> use emacs, yes, I know: it's a my error, but...) What about this
> format of help screen:
>
> '?': help
> ':': command line
>
> ? ;-)

This is probably a good idea. Some of the command names don't make a
lot of sense...but the advantage of having the command name there is
that you can consult the manual and find out what it does. If you just
have a text string then it's difficult to tell what command the
keystroke is actually calling. If you want to slightly modify a key
binding it is helpful to know what command a keystroke
calls. Nevertheless, a text help string could be nice...

I'm not sure if I'm going to be adding this any time soon, but your
suggestion has been noted :).

> Thank you very much for unique and very usefull WM :-)

You're welcome! I'm glad you like it!

Shawn