rapp-users

Re: [Rapp-users] Possible bugs in RAPP v. 0.7

From: Hans-Peter Nilsson
Subject: Re: [Rapp-users] Possible bugs in RAPP v. 0.7
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 00:43:42 +0200

> From: Fabrizio Dini <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 18:04:16 +0200

> Hi everybody!

Welcome!

> Am I really the first user to write to this mailing list! WOW!
> :D (I checked the archive before writing...)

We have users now?  :D

> What these lines do is obviously to match the open curly brace
> in the extern "C" clause at the top of the file.

This has been fixed for a while on the git master.  ...Wow,
that's indeed quite a while ago.  I guess a new release is due.
I'll try and make that happen this fall; there are a couple of
things to take care about.

> This call gives a return code of -9 (pixel buffer overlap)
> with the following values of the parameters:
>
> mask_data: 0x081FBBA8
> mask_stride: 16
> sensor_data: 0x081FBE00
> sensor_stride: 108
> sensor_width: 108
> sensor_height: 34
>
> mask_data is a pointer to a binary image, while sensor_data
> points to 8 bit-per-pixel gray level image. Both images are
> 108x34 pixels.

Just a quick response to rule out the usual suspects: is
mask_data (and sensor_data) allocated with rapp_malloc?  That's
a prerequisite (you copy the image from another buffer with
rapp_bitblt_copy_bin).  I'm just a bit suspicious seeing
8-byte-alignment and not 16-byte-alignment; absent other
information I'm guessing you use the SSE2 backend where RAPP
images would be 16-byte-aligned.

> Am I wrong? Maybe I did not understand exactly what the code
> is supposed to do, but in this case I probably need some
> explanation about how binary images work.

You could very well be right.  Could you please enter a bug in
the bug tracker <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=rapp>
(link on the RAPP project front page), best with code that shows
the bad behavior?  Don't forget the details of your system and
configuration options.  If I can repeat your observation a
solution will be ready so much faster.

Unfortunately your timing is bad: figuring this out will take a
little while (not having all RAPP details at the top of my head)
and I just started my vacation, so it'll be until August before
I'll be able to look closer at this. :/

brgds, H-P