rapp-dev

[Rapp-dev] Loongson-2E / -2F vector backend and suggestion

From: Hans-Peter Nilsson
Subject: [Rapp-dev] Loongson-2E / -2F vector backend and suggestion
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 04:15:33 +0100

I added a vector backend for Loongson-2E / -2F, yet another MIPS
COP2 vector backend. ;-)

Doing that I noticed that comments from rc_vec_api.h are
generally duplicated in each rc_vec_<X>.h.  I didn't do that for
rc_vec_loongson2ef.h (or rather, I removed them when I was done
filling in the copy from rc_vec_api.h); there are just comments
related to this implementation.

I suggest also not having those generic-documentation comments
in new vector back-ends: it's just a maintenance burden keeping
them in sync with the "master" in rc_vec_api.h.  Compare to gcc:
you'll get a request to remove such comments if you submit a new
port with generic comments from the internals porting
documentation.

Regarding the GCC shortcomings mentioned in the comments, I
entered <http://gcc.gnu.org/PR48068>.

brgds, H-P
PS.  Feel free to join address@hidden