ranger-users

[Ranger-users] Adding file type to colorization

From: flyingrhino
Subject: [Ranger-users] Adding file type to colorization
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 11:28:45 +1300

Hi,

My media files are colored in yellow per the below code I edited. However .ape files are colored in white.
How do I tell ranger that .ape files are also media?
I checked the mime editor in my linux mint OS and:
* flac = audio/flac (comes up in yellow as supposed to)
* = audio/x-ape ape (uncolored)

I've edited the colorscheme as such:

            if context.media:
                if context.image:
                    fg = yellow
                else:
                    fg = yellow
                    # attr |= bold
                    # fg = magenta

Any advice? Is there a setting in ranger or something wrong with mime type in my OS? Or possibly a setting in ranger that respects the file attribute and overrides the mime type?

Thanks.