ranger-users

Re: [Ranger-users] Thorough tutorial

From: John Z.
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Thorough tutorial
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 09:19:49 -0400

Thanks for the reply :-)

> Well, you could just use something like `:shell -p grep "asdf" %t`,
> which would search for asdf in all tagged files?

That works, but it'd be nice to be able to somehow choose which tag to
use. In the manual, %t refers to 'all tagged files', I assume this was
added before the ability to mark files with different tags.

Some other macros have the ability to select the tab they operate on
(eg. %2s for selection in the second tab), it'd be cool to have ability
to select tag characters similar way.

I guess a quick workaround would be mark_tag, then using %s.