ranger-users

Re: [Ranger-users] Shell script over multiple files

From: G Chandramouli
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Shell script over multiple files
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 23:28:16 +0530

Hello Jan and Hut,
I am not good with python so sorry for that.

Following Hut's suggestion, I made a small shell script (sorry for lack of exception handling etc and possibly inefficient  shell scripting) and saved it as "mpvsubs.sh"

#!/bin/sh
filename1=$1
filename2=$2
extension1="${filename1##*.}"
extension2="${filename2##*.}"
if [ "$extension1" == "srt" -o "$extension1" == "sub" ]
then
        mpv $filename2 --sub-file=$filename1
 else
        mpv $filename1 --sub-file=$filename2
 fi

After this I added following line to my rc.conf file
map X chain shell /home/gcmouli/mpvsubs.sh %s; mark_files all=True val=False

So now I just select the two files with spacebar and press "X" and it starts playing movie with subs.

Thanks,
Mouli