ranger-users

Re: [Ranger-users] How to execute a command directly from a binding ?

From: niku
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] How to execute a command directly from a binding ?
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 22:22:01 +0530

> I've a small problem with ranger. I cannot figure how to execute a command
> directly on a mapping. For instance, when I use DELETE, it types :delete
> and then I have to push ENTER to use it. Is it possible to make a binding
> directly executes :delete  or another command ?

As rc.conf file shows, the <DELETE> key is translated to 'console delete'.
'Console' is a ranger function defined in commands.py. 'Console delete'
runs self.fm.open_console(delete). As the documentation line there
says:
        self.fm.open_console(string): Open the console with the
                                      given string already typed in
                                      for you.

You are interested in:
        self.fm.execute_console(string): Execute the string
                                         as a ranger command.

You may try adding a new command and use that instead of 'console',
but what you need can be done just fine by the 'shell' command. Just
replace 'console delete' with 'shell -d rm %s'.