ranger-users

Re: [Ranger-users] Fine grained color control for text files

From: Roman Z.
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Fine grained color control for text files
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 01:16:29 +0200

> A more elegant approach would be define tags for various directories and
> set the hidden_filter per tag (though I don't know if this is possible).

Ok, it's now implemented in the default commands.py.  You can now use
the command

:setintag * hidden_filter \.log$

to hide (only) files ending with ".log" inside all directories which
have the tag "*".  If it has no effect when typing it inside ranger
rather than in ranger's rc.conf, try pressing R (or Ctrl+R) to refresh.

Caveat: When you change the setting "sort", it's possible that the
setting is applied to other, untagged directories too.  Other settings
may also be affected.  Gonna fix that later.

Roman