ranger-users

[Ranger-users] Ranger for Gnome Shell

From: Mantas
Subject: [Ranger-users] Ranger for Gnome Shell
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 18:06:00 +0200

I wander is it possible to some how easily integrate ranger into Gnome
Shell. I imagine, that integrated ranger can pop out as Gnome Shell
bubble (instantly) with active directory left where it was before last
access. You can drag files from and to that bubble or icon that calls
bubble to copy/move files from other places in desktop and from other
apps.

Inside that bubble, could be all functioning ranger.

I guess all UI must be rewritten in JavaScript/CSS, but all background
tasks and actions could be users directly from ranger code to reuse
same cofiguration.

--
                 Mantas aka sirex