ranger-users

Re: [Ranger-users] Version 1.5.5

From: Gerald Klein
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Version 1.5.5
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 12:27:16 -0500

Hi Roman and thanks this upgrade is already present in git correct?

thanks

--jerry

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Roman Z. <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm happy to announce ranger version 1.5.5.

This release fixes a bug which sometimes caused programs that were
launched from ranger to shutdown when ranger was killed.  If the program
"setsid" is available on the system, it will be used to ensure that the
launched programs keeps running no matter what happens to ranger.

The change log:

2012-08-10: Version 1.5.5
* Ensure that detached programs continue to run when ranger is killed

There has been some action on the ranger-master branch too. There are
now progress bars for directory loading, perhaps progress bars for
copying files will be implemented too.  There is a new file launcher
named "rifle", the tab system has been overhauled (now tabs have their
own file pointer and history, you can undo closed tabs with 'uq'), and
the performance of drawing things has been improved.  It is not ready
for a release yet but I'm working on it.

Enjoy

--

Gerald Klein DBA

address@hidden

www.geraldklein.com

geraldklein.wordpress.com

address@hidden

708-599-0352

Arch Awesome, Ranger & Vim the coding triple threat.

Linux registered user #548580